Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a custom form panel

Explorer ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working for a company as an Intern and they asked me to create a custom form panel (basicaly a window that pops up when you call a javascript script) that should be filled with fields for the user to fill. Once those fields are filled i'm supposed to create and XML file from those fields.

The problem is not about the XML file it's about creating the panel. Does anyone knows anything about it or is there any topic talking about it ? (I was not able to find any)

Thanks for your time and have a nice day !

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Take a look at the app.execDialog() method in the JavaScript API document. It has sample code for a few different dialogs. PDFscripting has - as part of their paid for subscription service - a dialog editor: https://www.pdfscripting.com/members/AcroDialogs.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe Acrobat you can create a PDF form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not exactly what I want. What I want Is something the user can fill up without modifying the PDF. A custom window filled with fields and dropdown menus so they can select exactly what this PDF is about then everything filled in the panel is saved as XML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a dialog. Details are in the Acrobat JavaScript Reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the app.execDialog() method in the JavaScript API document. It has sample code for a few different dialogs. PDFscripting has - as part of their paid for subscription service - a dialog editor: https://www.pdfscripting.com/members/AcroDialogs.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to thank you sorry, Yes you gave me the answer I was looking for Karl Heinz Kremer. Thanks a lot.

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines