• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to determine if signed into Pro or Standard?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app is not running cleanly on systems that have not signed into Adobe Pro.  I would like to notify the user of the problem so as to allow a clean exit or restart within my app.   I am new to Adobe so I tried the following along with some other thoughts did did not work.

I added my app as an action to an Adobe PDF thinking the user would have to login to "select" the bookmark action.  This did not work due to security within Adobe PDFs.

There is a document here about identifying installs and googling I have found suggestions on using the windows registry.  The examples I found do not match what I see.  For example the activation for my 2015 Pro is clearly missing compared to the latest 2023 Pro registry settings.  In any event this just indicates the software is licensed.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines