• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable Net.SOAP (SOAP) in PDF to work in Adobe Reader 2018 without MethodNotAllowed?

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I creating PDF document with script on its load. Script content is some like:

try {

var cURL = "http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/InteropTestC.wsdl"

var cTestString = "This is my test string";

// Call the echoString SOAP method -- it is an RPC Encoded method

var response = SOAP.request(

{

cURL: cURL,

oRequest: {

"http://soapinterop.org/:echoString": {

inputString: cTestString

}

},

cAction: "http://soapinterop.org/"

});

app.alert('ret', 3);

} catch (expp) {

app.alert(expp, 3);

}

I know what it need some "Form Save Rights" to be viewable in Adobe Reader. And I saving it in Adobe Acrobat Pro with: File menu -> Save As other -> Reader Extended PDF -> Enable more tools.

But when I opening new pdf in Adobe Reader 2018.11.200400, I seeing "MethodNotAllowedError" again/

Question: what should/could I fix? My SOAP server will be my own, what I should install onto it? I just need an internet-datetime in my pdf.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the "Forms Rights". The server product LiveCycle Reader Extensions can add this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be one expensive way to get the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but this is your standard reply. Could provide me more details? For instance, if my server is Apache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your server has nothing to do with it. LiveCycle Reader Extensions is a product you license which modifies a PDF, adding magic. Once the magic is added, it can do what you want. This magic is expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines