• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to return to original page when I click on a hyperlink within the same document

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I‌ have converted a word document to PDF which has many hyperlinks within the same document. How to I return to the original page after viewing the hyperlinked page?

thanks

Heather

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Click the Previous View button or use Alt+Back Arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Previous View button or use Alt+Back Arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice - I can get the alt+back arrow to work but can you tell me how to find the previous view button.

Many thanks

Heather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you try67

I have since found how to 'show' my previous view button.

Many thanks for replies from both

Regards

Heather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry if it is too late, but can I ask you on how to do that, to 'show'the previous button as I am also in the need to use it. If you can help me, that would be my big pleasure. I hope this can reach you. Thanks a lot in advance .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HeatherA_54,

Could you please let me know the exact dot version of the adobe application you are using and also the OS version on your system?

Also  the hyperlink is referring within the same document or referring to other PDF ?

Also you can try navigating to Edit>Preferences>select "Documents" from the categories list and uncheck the option which reads " Open cross-documents links in same window" under the Open settings label .Click OK .

linkss.png

And then select the hyperlink which will open in a new tab in the same window and you can navigate between the tabs.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards
Sarojini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am creating the document in word 2013 and then saving as PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

My links work OK within the document and I can also open external PDF documents in a new window which is what I want but what I need to do is to be able to click on an internal link in my PDF document but then I need to be able to 'click' on something to 'return' me to where I originally was in my pdf before clicking to view my linked page eg. I need to 'return' to the page I was viewing where the link was.

Many thanks for your help.

Heather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

please return my original page back on, I do not like this set up. I am trying to learn how to use this computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines