• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert page in a fillable PDF form

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was hoping to get some help on the following topic: I have a fillable PDF form created in Adobe Acrobat XI Standard (also have a Pro version on another laptop) and I am trying find the most efficient way to insert a page with non-merged fields. I have a document that has one page that is sometimes repeated (depending on how many observations we find). At this time, one page with certain fields is created in a fillable form and when I try to add/insert the same page again, fields are merged and the same already filled text repeats itself. I can go in and change the name and numbering of each field, but I was wondering if there is a more efficient way? Either with coding or through a PDF Portfolio, which I have not used yet.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When you have two or more fields with the same name, it will always contain the same information. This is useful when you want the name and date at the top of a 7-page form, for instance. If you want different information, the fields must have a unique name. When renaming fields, I prefer using Field List panel. In Acrobat DC it’s on the far right — I don’t remember where it is in Acrobat XI.

clipboard_image_0.png

Is this what you are asking? I’ll be this from Community Help to the Acrobat forums.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is what I am looking for, but instead of renaming fields manually, I was hoping there is a more automated way. So that, when a new page is inserted, the form is programmed in such a way that it creates a unique field name. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a paid for script from Try67 that allows to do that or similar. I think is under 60 dollars . You can check it out here:https://try67.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-11-29T07:51:00-08:00&max-results=15&start=145&by-.... And look for where it says in that page "Rename Form Fields using a text file"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I tagged your first post for Forms and Scripting and I moved it to the Acrobat forum. If there is a way to do it with scripting, someone will spot it here and reply. Also, if you click the big blue Reply button on your first post you will get a bigger reply box, and Enter will give you a new paragraph instead of "Submit".

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your responses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use template pages and spawn this pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines