• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integrating Acrobat plugins with Document cloud

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello. I have integrated custom plugins with Adobe Acrobat DC . but these plugins are available in the Acrobat DC of my local system. In order to share them with the third party/end-user, we thought of integrating these Acrobat plugins to Adobe Document Cloud so a third party can access them from cloud.

How can that be done???

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Share Files at Adobe Document Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (10).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at this image, the plugins are there as a drop-down menu under Acrobat SDK. But i want them Document Cloud. How can i do that??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the link Adobe Document Cloud  in a browser and you can share the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have shared the plugin. there was a link created for that plugin which i shared later. then when the receiver opened the link and downloaded that .api file, and then when he tried to open that file, the problem is that was automatically opening in the Acrobat Reader DC and not Acrobat DC(considering i have integrated the plugins in the Acrobat DC and not Acrobat Reader DC)...

So how can this be solved????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and so unless the user opens that .api file in Acrobat DC and  not Acrobat Reader DC, it wont work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned previously – you need to build an installer and each person that also wants to run your plugin needs to run that installer. There is no way to have it “auto-installed”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (268).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget all the above ... basically when a pdf is uploaded and then opened in the document cloud, our plugins should also be visible along with the rest of the four tools highlighted in the image below....

can you please think of a way to add our plugins to the side panel in Document Cloud???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (269).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i came up with an idea..

in order to integrate our custom plugins with acrobat reader or acrobat, we used to copy the .api files under the plugins folder of either acrobat reader or acrobat DC...ryt??

so what if i copied the .api files under the creative cloud folder. and then when i am opening the Creative Cloud Desktop Applications, i thought my plugins will be shown with the list there. but it is not working...

maybe because i did not paste my .api file in the correct folder under Adobe Creative Cloud.. so could you look into it please to find a solution????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> we used to copy the .api files under the plugins folder of either acrobat reader or acrobat DC...

Yes, and you still need to.

>so what if i copied the .api files under the creative cloud folder. and then when i am opening the Creative Cloud Desktop Applications, i thought my plugins will be shown with the list

Not sure what led you to think that, but nothing has changed. The app runs locally, the plug-ins are installed locally.

Re: the right hand panel. Your plug-in can add tools and they appear in the main tools panel (Tools tab). The right hand panel initially contains Adobe's choice of tools. The user can add tools (from the main tool panel) into the right hand panel. You have NO CONTROL over this, it's a user choice.

Your plans cannot be fulfilled, in their present form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see your creative cloud files at:

C:\Users\<user>\Creative Cloud Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my Creative Cloud Files folder is empty..

what files should i expect in this folder??

and how can the files be entered here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines