• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to create a scrollable image or scrollable formatted text?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no javascript experience at all, but a client has told me it was possible to have scrollable content within a PDF. It would look something like this, but on an interactive PDF. I can create interactive buttons and forms, but It seems that only javascript can create scrollable text/content like they are asking for. I just want to confirm if this is the case, and how difficult it would be for someone to accomplish this. Really appreciate any help from the community!

Interactive-PDF-Example.jpg

- John

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Yes. You need to enable the field's Rich Text Formatting setting and then you'll be able to add formatting to the text using the Properties toolbar (Ctrl+E). Note that the user can delete or change the contents of your field, though...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only with a text field, but formatting it will be very difficult...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I was able to make a very basic scroll using a text field set to "multi-line" and "scroll long text" and then put the content in the "Default Value" area, but doesn't allow for any advanced formatting. Is this what you were referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You need to enable the field's Rich Text Formatting setting and then you'll be able to add formatting to the text using the Properties toolbar (Ctrl+E). Note that the user can delete or change the contents of your field, though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Thanksfully I found a workaround to avoid people changing the content. After the text is formatted I simply switched it back to "Read Only" in the preferences. It allows basic formatted text, but still has issues with links and images. Either way its a big improvement. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think the scroll-bar works when the field is set to read-only, though... And anyone with Acrobat can change it back, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines