• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to change the default subject when attaching to an email within Adobe?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat Pro DC on my desktop.  When I have a document open and click the envelope to attach to an email, it now defaults to the subject "Emailing - XYZ.pdf" (using the actual file name instead of XYZ).  When I previously used just Acrobat it did not do that.  I am now having to delete that every time I want to send an email so have the appropriate subject to send to my customer.  But I'm not seeing where I can change that default.  It is not something that is from Outlook because I don't get that default when attaching any other kind of file.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if a way, but you can create a custom tool or toolbar button that uses JavaScript to initiate an email with the document attached and you have complete control over things like subject, recipients, body, etc. The most basic script would be simply:

mailDoc();

which you can test out in the interactive JavaScript console (Ctrl+J) by entering that line of code and with the cursor on the same line pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you can't change it, but you can set it if you use a script, as mentioned above.

The full syntax of the code would be:

this.mailDoc({cTo: "me@server.com", cSubject: "Subject line of the email", cMsg: "You can enter the message body here, if you wish"});

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines