• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there away to force view as spreads across any device or reader

Contributor ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have  been producing    print  brochures   2 up with covers  for  many years but with so many devices  browsers  and viewers available it is becoming a nightmare.  In the past  i could  force  the pdfs  to download   from a website  and  hopefully  it would  be  views  in acrobat reader as would  most email attachment  but with the proliferation of  readers  browsers  and devices  that  can handle  pdfs.   Using  Acrobat specific views  are becoming  problematic.

Problem is there are so many advantages to  2 up with covers view  like the ability to print pages   duplex  etc  which  clients seem to  like  but   they complain  that their clients are viewing  the pdf in single page  view.   Currently I am solving this issue  by send  in  the pdfs   in  two formats  

1, 2 up with covers view

2, As straight spreads

As the pdfs  are  often around the 12 megs  in size

Any thoughts  strategy   to overcome this issue  much appreciated

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

If you want to force the pages to appear like that simply merge them to a single PDF page. There's no other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are sending a Pages Pdf (not spreads pdf) then they can be view at there desirable by click on View menu and choose Page display see the image

Untitled-1.gif

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Think  you have miss understood  my question  I  can force    Two page view  in acrobat and acrobat reader,     but    many people view pdfs  in  web browsers   tablets and  phone  even  other  companies   pdf viewers,   most  of these  ignore  the  settings   that   are default  in acrobat and the page  end  up in  single view.   Even if  there was the  ability to view the pages in a two up  with a cover  in  non acrobat readers   most people would  not  think to do this .

My  question  was  is there any  universal  solution  or strategy to the problem that would  work  across  most    viewers  browser plugins  and  tablets 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to force the pages to appear like that simply merge them to a single PDF page. There's no other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's one way you can do i.e., import all pdf files into Indesign (if you have indesign software) by using script "PlaceMultipagePDF", to do that press Ctrl+Alt+F11 (script) and recreate PDF by press Ctrl+E (Export) and choose as a Save as type as Adobe PDF (print), while you are recreated PDF in Indesign select the radio button in pages option as Spreads, see the images for your clarity

In Indesign

1. Do not open any file or new document in Indesign. Press Ctrl+Alt+F11 a scripts dialog box will appear choose there "PlaceMultipagePDF"

01.gif

2. A dialog box will appear to choose a PDF file and click OK (Your pdf files will place accordingly into the Indesign).

02.gif

3. After placing do export your PDF file to Adobe PDF and choose the Spread Pages

Spread.gif

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi philippanmei  I really appreciate   the way yo have tried to help me    for that i thank you   But  I  originate all my documents  in indesign  and  produce  my pdfs   in spreads  or  in  two up view   with a cover 

I kind  of  new there was  no support  for the vast majority  of  pdf  viewers  but ask the question to see if anyone  new  of   any strategies  that    would resolve this ever  growing infuriating  issue. Back in the day  when acrobat  was the  only  pdfs viewer available  to  most of the planet   life  was simple    but today  most pdfs  are  no longer views in acrobat

Sadly  this makes      try67 the correct answer 

Again thank you for  your efforts 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks philippanmei - I just tried this and it worked! Thanks for the how-to.

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, if you set it up in your Acrobat preferences with "two up continuous" as your preferred page view, your documents will automatically open that way once you have saved them with that preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your file in Acrobat, go to Properties > Initial View Tab > Page Layout  > and change default from single page to Two-Up (Cover Page)

PDF_Spread_view.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately that doesn't help with the non-Adobe viewers which the question was about. The original "correct answer" remains the only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines