• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcpmt.lib'

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Acrobat SDK samples and opened the 'All' solution.  When I try to build, for example, BatesNumbering, I get a LNK1104 error because it cannot open LIBCPMT.lib.

I am using the Visual Studio 2013 (v120) Platform Toolset within Visual Studio 2017.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

This will probably be making your life MUCH harder and I'd strongly recommend you work with the intended release. That said, it's a standard Microsoft library and you should be able to find it and adjust your project settings if you're comfortable with C linking setups.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the Visual Studio release it was designed for? If not you’re probably going to have to do a lot of troubleshooting and adapting; I can’t recommend that course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the SDK documentation, it was designed for Visual Studio 2013 (v120).  I do not have VS 2013 installed, but, of course, VS 2017 has that toolset available in the property settings.  When I initially opened the All solution in VS 2017, I did not convert the projects away from VS 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will probably be making your life MUCH harder and I'd strongly recommend you work with the intended release. That said, it's a standard Microsoft library and you should be able to find it and adjust your project settings if you're comfortable with C linking setups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what you are saying is that I should install VS 2013 and use it instead of using VS 2017 with the 2013 toolset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the recommended path. I use VMs to keep these things tidy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will install VS 2013 today and report on the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, while trying to install VS 2013 Professional, I got an error message which I cannot resolve.  It appears that the media is corrupted.  Therefore, I cannot verify that solution to my problem.  Basically, my project is screwed if I cannot use VS 2017 with a VS 2013 toolset.  Surely, I cannot be the only developer wanting to build an Acrobat plug-in who does not have access to an original installation of VS 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sure the problem is soluble, and so will each of the other problems that comes up. It just may take longer and be more frustrating. As I said, this is a Microsoft standard LIB file, so just locate it and adjust the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines