• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Actionscript

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a series of PDF files that need to be adjusted for printing, e.g., the content is not spaced properly. There are 9 content areas (3 across and 3 down) on each of files ranging from 32 to 60 pages. I tried to do this manually, but it is much too time-consuming. I tried to create actionscript, but don't have the technical expertise to code it. Someone else wrote a macro in vba, but could not get the crop command to work. Here's what I was doing manually:

Define first crop area

Crop

Print to PDF (page size 2.83 x 3.66 centered

Save file as page 1

Close file

Reopen file

Define next crop area

Etc.

After the last of the 9 areas - go to next page.

Repeat until end of file

I manually assembled the pages into one document which I can continue to do manually as it's easy to do so in Acrobat. The printer can then step & repeat the file to print the 9 areas spaced properly on 8.5x11 so they could be cut to a consistent size.

Is this the way to do it? I don't have access to the original files to create the pdfs.

I also don't know Javascript.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Yes, this can be done, but does involve quite a bit of JavaScript. You can take a look at an old blog post I wrote for some ideas:

Splitting PDF Pages - KHKonsulting LLC

The link describes how to do what you are planning on doing with two parts of a page that need to be saved as individual pages. You would have to do this 9 times.

There is no need to "print to PDF" - you can just save the PDF page as it is - with the crop box set accordingly.

Also, Acrobat's JavaScript implementation is not call

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this can be done, but does involve quite a bit of JavaScript. You can take a look at an old blog post I wrote for some ideas:

Splitting PDF Pages - KHKonsulting LLC

The link describes how to do what you are planning on doing with two parts of a page that need to be saved as individual pages. You would have to do this 9 times.

There is no need to "print to PDF" - you can just save the PDF page as it is - with the crop box set accordingly.

Also, Acrobat's JavaScript implementation is not called ActionScript, it's just JavaScript. If you refer to ActionScript, it's the extension language used by e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator.

If you need help with this, that's what I do to earn a living Feel free to contact me via email (my email address is on my profile page).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines