We have a plug-in application, which was implemented for 32 bit Acrobat was fine on the same.
Recently we got a requirement for 64 bit version of acrobat, so I followed the steps mentioned in 64 bit SDK and upgraded the same application for 64 bit acrobat. I was able to compile the code and successfully created the plug-in, which I added to plug-ins folder of acrobat (say.... Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins). But when I try to open the acrobat, it is not opening the acrobat. (and when that plug-in removed from the folder, acrobat opening).
When I try to debug the code, below things are shown.
What causing the acrobat failing to open in my Plug-in application.
Try adding a MessageBox() call to the earliest possible point in the plug-in (PIHandshake maybe), to see if it is being loaded and started. If so, add another message at the entry and exit of each callback. (Or use the debugger, but first use a MessageBox() because it's very easy to fail to set breakpoints).