• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting raw text into form AND enabling rich text formatting to optimize typography

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat Pro I created a fillable PDF form for my clients who copy and paste a large amount of information. Because they are using Acrobat Reader, I have designated text field properties with desired font and size, multi-line, check spelling...and enabled "rich text formatting" so that they can manipulate their "raw" text as needed to be bold, italic, underlined, etc. However, when clients are copying and pasting the information it is coming in with their "source" formatting rather than that field's defined formatting.

Yes, I get that this is due to the designation of "Rich Text Formatting." Gheez, if Bezos can send 90 yr old Cap't Kirk into space, then Adobe has to have a secret way for my client to have the lame, most basic text options available in a form field using Reader (when rich text formatting is enabled) but yet, also have source formatting removed when they are pasting in text. (BTW, this FREE form field I'm using to post this question has waaay more options.) Therefore, it's only logical right Mr Spock (aka anyone out tiere in the web-verse)?! 

Thanks in advance! (and...live long and prosper.)

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So....does anyone know if Acrobat has a secret way to allow users to have the basic text options available in a form field using Reader (when rich text formatting is enabled in the document), but also have source formatting removed when users are pasting text into the form fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What part of the Acrobat SDK does you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, thanks for responding to my SOS. I'm not 'using' SDX per se, but I am looking for a custom format/keystroke script to enable PDF form fields to accept inserted text (pasting source text without retaining its' previous formatting) and applying the preset text properties enabled in the form field. This is all in the hopes that once 'clean' text is inserted into the form field, and 'rich text enabled' field will give the user the ability to change text attributes bold, italics, etc. (Is point size an option for the user to change?)

Thank you for your time and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallo. Bernd Alheit - you look like quite the Adobe expert...can you help with my dilemma?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines