• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Programmatically compressing/optimizing a PDF on a Windows machine using .Net, python or cmd

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following page stongly suggests that there are three ways to do this: https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/. See "Compress documents" in the Feature Comparision table. It looks like you can do it via DC, PDFL or Acrobat SDKs. I have Acrobat Standard installed on this computer. .Net is my preferred route, but I can use Python or execute a command line program from either of those. Is this possible? 

If a .Net approach is available, what references do I have to add to my project (which specific assemblies/DLLs)? Ideally someone could provide a *complete* code example. I don't necessarily need to fine tune the compression. I just need functionality very similar to manual "Optimize PDF" in Acrobat Standard.

I would like to stay within the Adobe 'ecosystem' and not rely on some third part that may come with issues or unnacceptable (low quality/resolution) output files.  

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this is not keeping inside the Acrobat Standard eco-system but it is staying inside the above eco system you could use this API -

https://developer.adobe.com/document-services/docs/overview/pdf-services-api/howtos/compress-pdf/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I was looking for a free option but I think we may stay  in the Free Tier since we probably won't exceed 500 documents per month . It sounds like compressing PDFs would be included in the "all 15+ PDF Services"  part. Can anyone confirm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

yes it is

BarlaeDC_0-1707821253067.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines