• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radio button to populate a text field

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form that has 5 different radio button options.  The group name is Unauthorized Debit.  Each radio button has a unique export value, i.e. button 1 is value 1, button 2 is value 2, button 3 is value 3, button 4 is value 4 and button 5 is value 5.

Each of these radio buttons has a text field in the sentence they are attached to that i want to populate ONLY if that sentences radio button is selected.  I have written a script to do this, and it populates when i select an option, HOWEVER, if the user decides that they didn't want to click that radio button and they select a different one, the previous selections text field stays populated, even though a new selection has been made.

This is the script I added to each radio button.  The getField changes in each, button 1 has a field that is just COMPANY NAME, the below example is for button 2, and so on for buttons 3 (COMPANY NAME_3), 4 (COMPANY NAME_4) and 5 (COMPANY NAME_5).  I cannot find anything on how to make a text field CLEAR when a different radio button is selected and the previous value is now Off.  Any help would be appreciated!!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want the user to be able to edit the text fields, or should their values depend entirely on the radio-buttons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67,

I guess I don't really have a preference.  I'd probably prefer them not to edit, however, the text field is mapped from a source selection list, and if they selected the wrong source list and the fields weren't editable, then the only way they can fix their mistake is to close out and completely reproduce the form again (as the mapped value is hidden and clearing fields wont matter in that instance).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this is a critical point. If you need the fields to be editable then you would need to use the MouseUp event of the radio-buttons to populate them, which is more complex and requires more code.

If you don't need them to be editable then you could do it using the text fields' custom calculation script, which is easier.
The code you have is the start for the former. You'll need to add to it conditions to cover all of the possible values, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah ok, then I would say they do not need to be editable.  Currently I have the code in each radio button as a MouseUp event.  How would I add it to the text field?  I was toying around with a few scripts within the text field and just couldn't get it right.  I'm self taught *gasp* so I'm kind of trying to figure it out in bits and pieces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you can use something like this as the text field's custom calculation script:

var v = this.getField("RADIO1").valueAsString;

if (v=="Off") event.value = "";

else if (v=="1") event.value = this.getField("COMPANY NAME").valueAsString;

else if (v=="2") event.value = this.getField("COMPANY NAME2").valueAsString;

else if (v=="3") event.value = this.getField("COMPANY NAME3").valueAsString;

// etc.

Make sure the field names are spelled correctly, including lower/upper-case letters, special symbols, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  I'll try this and let you know how I make out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines