• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstall of Acrobat X. Application Manager not initialising

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running Acrobat X under Win 10 64 bit. Recently it has become unstable and I deleted and am trying to reinstall. After 4 attempts finally installed from CD with error message to download Application Manager. App Mgr consistently fails to initialize. Error message refers me to Support Advisor - which has been discontinued.  Can't find any help on Adobe Support Section.  Have d/l and installed Acrobat X from Adobe with same result.  Any help on getting App Mgr to run will be GREATLY appreciated.  Thank you.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi petergph,

Acrobat X is not compatible with Windows 10 Adobe Acrobat system requirements. So it may or mat not work.

Lets give it a try, run this cleaner tool to uninstall previous installer Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs, restart your system & install Acrobat X using this link Download Adobe Acrobat products | Standard, Pro | DC, XI, X.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Aadesh.  I've done the above but have the same problem with the Application Manager failing to install.  I don't know if will work but I'll uninstall Acrobat, run the Cleaner Tool and see if I can install Application Manager and then Acrobat.

Re Acrobat X and Win 10:  Until this recent problem I've run Acro X and Win 10 without any problems on my desktop, and continue to do so on my laptop.

Thx again

Peter H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry about the application manager, just download AA X (http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html) and install it directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill.  When Acrobat opens a file the Applic Mgr error appears. Unfortunately clicking to close the message also closes Acrobat. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx guys.  I've apparently ended up with a partially installed copy which I can't clear and blocks any further attempts.  I've wasted enough time on this have cut my losses and bought Foxit PhantomPDF which is MUCH cheaper and appears to do everything that Acrobat does.  And it's installed! Thx again for your help.  Peter H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines