Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and print pages with interactive button

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Not quite sure if this questions belongs to this forum or the Indesign one, but since I guess I might have to use Javascript (hopefully not, because I don't know it) I'll post here to start.

I would like to create a multipage PDF, where every page (except for a content page) contains an intruction for a different tool. On the content page, I would like to click and select (with checkboxes or something similar) which pages to print, and then click another interactive button to print these selected pages.

Is this possible? Of course I could just let the user manually type in which pages to print in the print settings, but that's not as elegant.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Hi,

Here is the adaptation of a script I did a few days ago for an other forum.

When you click on the "Print" button, you will get a dialog box where you can choose the pages to print.

Capture d’écran 2022-11-24 à 20.49.25.png

This dialog box is done for a 24-page document and must be adapted in accordance with the number of pages of yours. In this example the ten first check boxes of the dialog box are ticked by default.

The printing script line is disabled, so don't forget to remove the 2 slashs for enabling it (must be: this.print(p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is possible, using a custom-made script.

I've developed a similar (paid-for) tool, where you have to tick the box on the pages themselves, and then you can print just those pages, but it can be easily adjusted to work as you've described. The tool in question is available here:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-print-or-extract-selected-pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Here is the adaptation of a script I did a few days ago for an other forum.

When you click on the "Print" button, you will get a dialog box where you can choose the pages to print.

Capture d’écran 2022-11-24 à 20.49.25.png

This dialog box is done for a 24-page document and must be adapted in accordance with the number of pages of yours. In this example the ten first check boxes of the dialog box are ticked by default.

The printing script line is disabled, so don't forget to remove the 2 slashs for enabling it (must be: this.print(pp);).

Hope this will suit you.

@+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines