• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending PDF using value from email text field as recipient (sharing menu) + signature box issue

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello board !

I’m new over there and after spending some times on this board I wasn’t able to find my answers.

I’m building a PDF designed to be a form to fill on a tablet (iPad or Android) to make contract agreement for a bike rental company.

The goal is to save actions & time as much as possible to complet the form.

The form contain personal info to fill, including some dates and check box, and a handwritten signature on the end.

The final action is to send the contract to the customer by mail, using the value  he put in the mail text field.

I’m very close from the result I want but I stuck for 2 things :

1. I wish being able the trigger the signature window when the customer hit the signature box. For now, hitting the signature box is opening a textfield inside even when it’s set to « Signature » or « Signature box » field. So I have to do it manualy with the button « Sign », create a new signature, uncheck « Save signature » button, let the customer sign then put the signature on the right place with good size.
  2. I wish sending the form to the costumer once it’s completed, without going in the mail text field, tap on the text to get the dropdown menu, « select all », « copy » then sharing the document with the sharing button, share with GMAIL, then paste the text in clipboard in the mail recipient and finally « Send ». That’s the process, it’s working but it’s quite repetitive and bit long, even more when there is several customers at the same time.
  3. If the action above isn't possible with JS, is there a way to create a button in the PDF to copy the email text field to the clipboard ?

Finding a better solution for this two technical parts would be amazing but my coding skill is poor but I can figure this out with a little help.

I already put some JS to set the date to today by default when opening the document, it was very understandable thanks to a step by step tutorial.

Can you guys help me through this please ?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JavaScript for Acrobat on mobile is severely limited in what it can do. You're going to need to rethink your solution. Since you require signatures, consider using Adobe Sign which provides a much more consistent experience between desktop and mobile and still gives you a signed PDF as the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for your answer. I tried Fill and Sign from Adobe, unfortunatly it's even more limited than Adobe Reader app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. That's why I suggested Adobe Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the argument of using Adobe Sign ? I tried and I feel it's like a limited/light version of Adobe Reader app on tablet. It removes the text fields, signature need 3 or 4 actions to be done.

The form is only used on a tablet, not on a computer by the way.

The context of using this form is the follwing :

When a client come in the shop to rent a bike, we make him/her fill a form for user agreement (contract) about the rent. He needs to fill personal informations, then the date, the type of bike, the duration, etc. Then after signing it, we send a copy by mail using sharing button and that's it.

First we did a Word form, imported in Adobe Sign. It was a nightmare, the fields were in wild position, font size mixed... So I did a makeover using Adobe Acrobat DC, with textfield, dates... it looks way better and we save time. I'm now looking up to push the optimization to the best. Less clicks, less manipuations, less mistakes, saving time and actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Sign isn't a limited version of Adobe Reader. It's an application specifically engineered to collect electronic signatures and other data entered onto the form. It is focused, not limited. Don't use Fill and Sign... use Adobe Sign.

You'll have a better experience importing a PDF form into Adobe Sign than a Word document. When designing the form in Acrobat, use the Prepare Form tools and be sure to convert the form to an Adobe Sign form before placing any fields. After that, create an Adobe Sign Web Form rather than an Agreement. Be sure to have the full client name in a single field and a field for their email address. That will allow you to skip the step of emailing the user a link. You'll be able to use your own tablets to go to the Web Form link, have the client fill out the information, sign, and then get an emailed copy automatically to both you and the client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, I was mixing Adobe Sign and Adobe Fill & Sign, thought it was the same. I will take a look again.

The PDF should be on a iPad or Android tablet to make people contract in our little shop (without using papers), so I put the PDF in a GDrive in order to access it. It works pretty well, just lots of micro actions with UI that could be solved, maybe, with JS or other

Here is my PDF if you want to see how I built it and how it looks like : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nIwsZH5rbtCPOnGqe993WftJDo0-drJe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All I wish to do is :

1. Set a button/trigger to pop-up the signature area, instead of hitting the button "Pen", chosing Fill & Sign, then Add new signature, uncheck "save signature" and apply it to the bottom of the form manually or in a area designed for it.
  2. Set a button/trigger to perform a combo of actions from UI in order to use the e-mail address just filled in the email-textfield and sending a copy of the filled form to the same email address.

Again, the form works fine, but I desire to minimize actions from UI interface as much as possible. That would be a nice bonus, saving time and limiting wrong manipulations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines