• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple Javascript to properly add keywords to open document (xmp dc:subject)

New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anybody have javascript code to simply add keywords to the open document from within an action? this.info.keywords adds all delimited words as a single string, so I'm looking for code to set the XMP property dc:subject with a list of words. thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example #3 in the doc.metadata entry of the Acrobat JavaScript reference provides all the code you need to properly modify the XMP. 

Acrobat DC SDK Documentation

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you. this is helpful, but I'm not having much success in modifying this example to set the dc:subject bag array. are you aware of an example that specifically sets the keyword metadata correctly, since setting this.info.keywords does not work like I would have hoped?

thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines