• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange behaviour - cut & paste

New Here ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a court document...  When I copy and paste a telephone number from it, on my screen it reads as one number, but when I copy/paste it pastes a number that is slightly different.

Any ideas what would cause this?

I'd like to know if the document was altered - which it must have been, but how would it remember what the original number was?  And furthermore, how can I prove it was altered?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of Acrobat? And where are you pasting it to? From which application was it produced?

In File > Properties, you will see the creation and modified dates as well as the application. This may or may not help you find out if it was altered.

When text is deleted and retyped in an application, it is impossible to know what the original text was. WordPerfect used to store the changes, but I don't know of any other software that does. Acrobat does not.

If you go to Edit PDF > Edit in Acrobat DC, you can see the font used. This is from Acrobat DC.

If it was scanned and OCRd, you may or may not have trouble with the copy and paste. Newer versions of Acrobat do it better, and there are choices to make when doing OCR that affect the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines