Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submit button to send form data to excel row

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can code a form to have a submit button that sends the form data to an excel spreadsheet? I am trying to make it so that if the user submits the data it goes into 1 row per submission.

My organization does not have adobe livecycle.

Thank you,

Nick

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Not possible to do locally. You can achieve it if you submit the data to a web-server which in turn writes it out to an existing file, but that requires a much more complicated set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible to do locally. You can achieve it if you submit the data to a web-server which in turn writes it out to an existing file, but that requires a much more complicated set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply. I thought you could do an API push to excel. Would there be anyway to do something similar? Maybe even email contains the whole form in csv which I can then just manually place into excel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need an email. You can save the form data directly as a text file on the local computer, but not append it to an existing Excel file.

It requires installing a script on the local machine of each user, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would there be anyway to do it for google sheets?

Sorry for the weird questions. My company I.T department is not very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can write a VBA macro for Excel that pulls data from a PDF form.

And yes, you can use google sheets. Create a google form that is connected to a google sheet. The fields on the google form must exactly match the name of the fields on the PDF form. Display the google form in your browser, Find the source code for the submit button and copy the URL to the submit button on your PDF form.

I've gotten this to work before. It was a long time ago. Seems there were some issues that had to be worked around, but I don't remember it being difficult.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines