• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Field Properties - Insert degree symbol after field has been filled out with a number like 180

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a text field created and when someone fills it out I want the degree symbol to show up after.

For example, if someone enters the number 180 I want the degree symbol to show up so it looks like 180°.

When I open up Text Field Properties > Format, which one do I use (Custom format script: or Custom keystroke Script" and what is the javascript code for this to occur?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Make sure you have copied the presented code exactly. There is a shortcut being used to append the "°" symbol.

Or you can use:

if (event.value != "") event.value = event.value +  "°";

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this code as the field's custom Format script:

if (event.value) event.value += "°";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code is working in regards to placing a degree symbol after the number. The issue occurring now is if I fill the field out as 180, it changes the number to 0 so it looks like  0°. Is there a way to stop this from occurring?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it and it's not doing that. Make sure you remove any other code you added to that field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have copied the presented code exactly. There is a shortcut being used to append the "°" symbol.

Or you can use:

if (event.value != "") event.value = event.value +  "°";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this one works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines