Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to javascript a silent Reduce File Size save in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Does anyone know if its possible to automate a Reduce File Size save using javascript?

I've managed to get it to go as far as the dialogue box, but I was hoping there was the equivalent in Acrobat of the 'set user interaction to never' that you can script in INDD to supress these and silently save a reduced version over the original document. 

Alternatively saving a new file would be workable - then i could rename afterwards.

I'm not holding out much hope - Save As seems to be as scriptable as it gets from the hours I've spent on google, but I guess you never know until you ask...

All the best,

Ed

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the only way to do that with a script is via the Preflight tool. Find or create a profile that optimizes the file and then run it using the preflight method of the Doc object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines