• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two Forms, separate submit buttons

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PDF includes 10 pages total, with two of those pages being fillable forms near the end of the document (no signatures included). Both forms have their own submit button. I am trying to find a way to use the submit button to email only the one form that the client chose to fill out. The way I see it, there are two ways this could be accomplished:

-Have the submit button only send one page of the PDF, instead of the entire document (I've seen in a few different places that this is impossible)

-Use JavaScript to construct an email, and populate the body of the email using the form fields. (I'm sure this is possible but I've no idea how to script this)

Emailing the forms as .tmp or .fdf files, etc. isn't an option because it is intended for less-than-tech-savvy users. Can someone point me in the right direction?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have hit on the two possible methods for accomplishing this. For both you'll need to use a script.  These solutions will only work in Acrobat/Reader, or one of the better PDF viewers. I do not believe there are any mobile PDF viewers where this will work, so it's a desktop only solution. 

For the first one. You'll find some discussion on this forum on extracting a single page for the submit. This is not a practical solution because there are restrictions on extracting pages, such as not working in Reader.  The best way to do this is to put the separate forms into two separate PDFs and make these attachements to the main document. For the submit, use a script to open the appropiate attachment. Transfer data to the attachment and submit it.

See this article for the second solution:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/dynamically-setting-submit-e-mail-address/

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines