• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Fill & Sign with Thai Language

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came across a bit an unusual situation using Acrobat DC - I'm trying to edit a PDF with text fields to fill out a form using Fill & Sign.

Note: It's just a plain PDF, no Acrobat/other form fields highlighted.

When I fill things out in English (or Japanese or Chinese or most languages) the text fields save correctly.

But when I try to fill out something in Thai, the text fields disappears right after I close the Fill & Sign.

Spent an hour with Adobe chat support but didn't get anywhere. My best guess is it has something to do with Thai font licensing issues.

Has anyone come across a similar issue with other languages/fonts before? Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks,

Aaron

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aaronlynnme ,

Would request you to please type the information in MS word (which you wants to have on PDF document). Then Copy & Paste that information into the PDF file .

Check whether it works for you or not.

Regards,

Yatharth 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for suggestion. Unfortunately it doesn't.

Screenshot 2016-02-10 07.49.38.png

Here's a screenshot showing what I mean - the Thai text appears in Fill & Sign mode no problem, but once I click that "X" in the top-right to go back to the normal PDF, it disappears. Anything typed in English works normally though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

capture-20160520-132616-vert.jpg

Me, too. When i fill thai - ศักดิ์  It's show correctly. But when i save and open this file again, it's show character position not correct. It's seem up character have one line only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue has been resolved in the latest update. Kindly go to Help > Check for Updates.

Regards,

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same Issue . I use lastest version of acrobat DC

acrobat pdf.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. Did you manage to fix it? I need help too. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines