• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using JavaScripts to handle keypress events

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am converting a HTML file into PDF using evoPDF library in a c# application. This PDF form has multiple textboxes and my requirement is to track keypress event or blur event for these textboxes. I am not able to find syntax on how to write these event  handling in Adobe JavaScript. Can someone guide me with these. Your help will be highly appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the setAction method to apply a script to the Keystroke and OnBlur events of the fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please guide me with the syntax to use it,

I am currently trying this:

pdfDocument.Form.Fields["txt_BorrowerHireDate"].Action = new PdfActionJavaScript("if(this.getField('txt_BorrowerHireDate').keyDown==true){app.alert('test');}");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the syntax of your C# library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were to write, just the adobe scripts how would you have written it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this.getField("txt_BorrowerHireDate").setAction("MouseDown", "app.alert(\"test\");");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, I think you need to find out how to apply the action directly to the field. What I posted above the code to apply the action using JS, but you wouldn't apply that code to the field itself...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help try67, but as you said this is a JS code, I need syntax for adobe javascript (tried the above mentioned syntax but it did not work). Also I tried setting the action on document open and not specific action to the field, but it is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the code in the PDF file when you open the file in Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, code can't be seen. But yes, I am able to log errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What errors does you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list

1:Doc:Open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

code: pdfDocument.OpenAction.Action = new PdfActionJavaScript("this.getField('txt_BorrowerHireDate').setAction('MouseDown', 'app.alert('test');');");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this:

PdfActionJavaScript("this.getField('txt_BorrowerHireDate').setAction('MouseDown', 'app.alert(\'test\');');");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines