Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Validate and verify data in two different PDF's

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a requirement in my organisation.

Current process - We compare, verify & validate data in two different PDF's which are different table formats. Currently this process seems to be manual and tedious.

We need your help to explore if there's any possibilities to perform above activity automatically (even partial will also help).

Requirement - Build a tool to read 2 different adobe file to compare data among each other and highlight the mismatch values/areas

Please let me know if this can achieved, I will come back with sample pdf to explain further in detail.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If it is just the contents you want to check it may be possible to do some sort of comparison, can you provide a sample of both files so that we can have a look at the files and provide feedback.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Compare feature of Adobe Acrobat not meet your needs? If so, why not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the two different table formats, the same different formats every time the comparison is made. If so, then automatic extracting data from the tables for comparison is not difficult. Consistency is the issue. If the tables can be identified by location or with a key word, then the process can be completely automatic. Otherwise there may need to be some user intervention, such as drawing a rectangle around the table.  But it can be done.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thom Parker,

Thank you for your feedback, I would like to share some sample files to you. So that you can understand more about two file content formats. Can I have your email Id to share sample files.

Thanks,

Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can reach me through either the www.windjack.com or www.pdfscripting.com web sites. However, unless you are interested in private consulting, you should post everything about your issue here.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines