• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View Menu > Display Theme option is missing. How or where do I fix it?

Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to try and improve the readability of PDFs in Acrobat DC by changing the Display Theme from Light to Dark Gray. However the View Menu > Display Theme option is missing? I've tried running updates but there were none available.

Ideas anyone? If this the wrong forum please direct me to the correct forum.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

The classic track WORKS LIKE older versions. You buy a permanent license (or upgrade). You get the software as it is released. There may be bug fixes. After a year or to there will be new features and you can choose to buy an upgrade.

By contrast, the CONTINUOUS version updates regularly and continuously in small bits. Eventually, we imagine, the classic will catch up on a paid upgrade.  You get the continuous version if you subscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robertw2527071 ,

Could you post a screenshot of the View menu?

Below is the screenshot of the View menu:

theme options.png

Thank You!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version of Adobe Acrobat DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact version is 15.006.30174. The updater is reporting that there aren’t any updates available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is not available in the classic track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd, Classic track? Please forgive the question but we are using Acrobat DC. I thought “classic” was versions 11 and previous? How did you know by the version number that it was in the classic track?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your version is 2015.006.xxx:

Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. I was also able to find supporting information at https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Who knew. Dual licensing tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The classic track WORKS LIKE older versions. You buy a permanent license (or upgrade). You get the software as it is released. There may be bug fixes. After a year or to there will be new features and you can choose to buy an upgrade.

By contrast, the CONTINUOUS version updates regularly and continuously in small bits. Eventually, we imagine, the classic will catch up on a paid upgrade.  You get the continuous version if you subscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little confused also. My version of Acrobat DC seems to be up to date (according to the CC installer) and yet I seem to be missing the Display Theme menu item. What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 21.13.49.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 21.14.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be not available on the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, I had the same issue with my mac and windows pc.

What I did was I went from trial to full paid version you might be in the trial version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The functionality of the application in the trial and paid versions is identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are more recent updates than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines