• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I find JavaScript Sample Plugins for Adobe Acrobat?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I studied the following documentation:

After downloading Adobe SDK from https://developer.adobe.com/console/ I can only find samples for C++ code not for JavaScript samples.

Screenshot from 2022-04-25 15-49-34.png

The folder "/Acrobat_DC_SDK_Windows_2021_v3/Adobe/Acrobat DC SDK/Version 1/JavaScriptSupport/" only contains a PDF file.

Can anyone guide me, on where to find sample examples for the JavaScript add-ons?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Plugins for Acrobat are written in C/C++ only. There is no such thing as a JavaScript plug-in.

JavaScript can be run at Acrobat startup and create tools and menus, but it cannot be a plug-in. 

A plug-in can use simple JavaScript commands, but without a way to get result values, using the AFExecuteThisScript() method.

A plug-in cannot extend JavaScript, add classes etc.

If the documentation still seems to say there is such a thing as a JavaScript plug-in, please post a detailed reference/quote so w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

The folder "/Acrobat_DC_SDK_Windows_2021_v3/Adobe/Acrobat DC SDK/Version 1/JavaScriptSupport/" only contains a PDF file.

Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat and you will see the samples.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plugins for Acrobat are written in C/C++ only. There is no such thing as a JavaScript plug-in.

JavaScript can be run at Acrobat startup and create tools and menus, but it cannot be a plug-in. 

A plug-in can use simple JavaScript commands, but without a way to get result values, using the AFExecuteThisScript() method.

A plug-in cannot extend JavaScript, add classes etc.

If the documentation still seems to say there is such a thing as a JavaScript plug-in, please post a detailed reference/quote so we can help to clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Can you guide me on where can I find Javascript samples as mentioned in the link https://opensource.adobe.com/dc-acrobat-sdk-docs/library/samples/Samples_JavaScript.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat and you will see the samples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines