• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to put folder level script for saving function on a common drive

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i'm developing a pdf where the save button will choose for the user the folder and file name. I Know to do this from Try67 tutorials that I will need to put a folder level script. My question is if everything is done in the common drive environment, H drive (all users have access) but programs are not install there but in the local C drive. Where would i put the folder level script to make sure everyone will be able to have the button working when using adobe reader.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You install on each computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does that mean each computer that will be using the PDF will need to have the folder level script put into their program files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also is there anyway to by pass this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can certificate the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bernd,

Thank you for that, I searched up certifying a document however it seems like its saying after its certified then no other changes would be able to be completed. Based on that, how would one test their saving function given that if it doesn't work until its certified..?

Thank you,

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably DO need to install it on each computer. For security reasons, this function is heavily locked down (imagine if a file you downloaded could start saving itself without warning). For this reason it's also important for you to change the function name to one you made up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines