• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHY CAN'T I PRINT IN COLOR IN ACROBAT DC? IT WONT PRINT THE COUPONS I NEED IN COLOR ON ANY SITE THAT REQUIRES ACROBAT DC TO PRINT THEIR COUPONS, SUCH AS SMARTSOURCE.COM.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2016 Feb 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY CANT I PRINT IN COLOR IN ACROBAT DC?  I CAN'T PRINT THE COUPONS I NEED IN COLOR (BLACK AND WHITE ONLY)  ON ANY SITE THAT REQUIRES ACROBAT DC TO PRINT THEIR COUPONS, SUCH AS SMARTSOURCE.COM. THX FOR ANY HELP.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

HI ,

I am sorry that you are still experiencing the issue.

Please check if the option "print in grayscale is unchecked".

Also launch the print dialog box and under properties>paper/quality>check mark the option color and click OK to save changes and then try to print.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 13, 2016 Feb 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

What OS do you work on?

Please refer the following links and see if that helps to fix the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html

Advanced PDF print settings, Adobe Acrobat

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I USE IE & HAVE WINDOWS 10. DID ADOBE TROUBLESHOOTING  6 TIMES & THERE IS NOTHING THAT I CAN FIND THAT ANSWERS MY QUESTION,  WHY DOES ADOBE ACROBAT DC PRINT IN BLACK & WHITE ONLY?  MY PRINTER SETTINGS ARE CORRECT & IS SET TO PRINT IN COLOR.  ALL OTHER ITEMS PRINT IN COLOR NO ISSUE. ONLY ITEMS THAT REQUIRE YOU TO USE ADOBE ACROBAT DC PRINT IN B&W ONLY.  SMARTSOURCE.COM & SOME OTHER SITES  REQUIRES ADOBE ACROBAT DC  TO PRINT THEIR COUPONS. I NOW SEE OTHERS HAVING THE SAME ISSUE  AS ME. I ALSO HAVE CONTACTED SMARTSOURCE & HAVE YET TO GET A REPLY FROM THEM.   SEVERAL OTHER SITES THAT REQUIRE  ADOBE ACROBAT TO PRINT THEIR COUPONS DID REPLY BUT TOLD ME TO CONTACT ADOBE WHICH PUTS ME BACK TO SQUARE ONE. THX  FOR ANY HELP, LB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI ,

I am sorry that you are still experiencing the issue.

Please check if the option "print in grayscale is unchecked".

Also launch the print dialog box and under properties>paper/quality>check mark the option color and click OK to save changes and then try to print.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THX, THAT FINALLY WORKED.  HAD A HARD TIME GETTING TO THE DIALOG BOX BUT ONCE I DID YOUR INSTRUCTIONS WORKED. THX FOR THE HELP , LB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Glad that it is fixed.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having a similar issue (printing PDFs in Acrobat Reder DC and will not print in colour). When I click on the Properties menu it says that "The driver has detected that you have selected Black and White in the application." I cannot figure out how to get anything to print in colour. The above solutions have not solved the problem. Help, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some part of this voodoo fixed it for me.  I haven't done the necessary work to establish which step.  This is for Win10, but most of it should apply to Win7 as well if needs be.

1. Go to the printer in Printers & Devices.
  2. Click on it and select "Manage".
  3. Select Printer Preferences.
  4. When prompted about "the driver has detected ..." check the box to not ask again, and uncheck the box to use Xerox Black & White Conversion.
  5. Make sure that Xerox Black and White says "Off (use document color)" under the Printing Options tab.
  6. On the image options tab, check and then uncheck the "Xerox Black and White" box under Color Correction
  7. Go to the Advanced tab, fly out Preferences, and set Black and White Synchronization to be "Synchronize Application and Driver"

I really feel like I should go on about how you have to light black candles and sacrifice a chicken and say your name backwards 3 times, because that solution would make about as much sense to me, but .. this worked.  Maybe it'll work for y'all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have followed the instructions but when I get to paper / quality there is no color option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since the latest Adobe update my settings seem to have been changed. I can no longer print colour PDFs from Adobe. Everything else I print is colour, it is only Adobe defaulting to Black and White. I have checked settings and the preview window shows the document in colour.

Just like the most recent post here, I too have followed the instructions but when I get to paper / quality there is no color option. 

Is this a glitch with the update?

Please help to restore colour printing. It is necessary for my design work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines