• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Let Many Users Digitally Sign a Form As Easily As Possible?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to make a form that will be sent to a lot of different people, and would like people to be able to write or draw their signature regardless of what PDF editor they are using. It seems like the current digital signature system wants me to send PDF's to specific people and specify that they will be signing it via their email. Is there a way to create a form-field that allows whoever is using the PDF at the time to put in their signature, either by drawing it or importing an image to an empty field? Specifically for drawing a signature, is there a way that I could create a temporary canvas that people would draw their signature into, and then have it display in the signature field on the PDF?

Thanks so much in advance!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The signers will need to sign the form one after another since can digital signature will lock the file form further changes except for the fields that are set not to be locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I wanted to give the blank form to a lot of different people and let them save it and use it as they wanted, but sign once they were done without the hassle of certificates using the method that I talked about above (everybody has their own copy and only has to sign it themselves), would that be possible? Essentially is there any way to make a form do this even for one person?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need to use a certificate. A simple Digital Signature field will do. The user will need to create a Digital Signature profile (which can contain an image of their hand-written signature) and then sign it and return it to you. If set up correctly you could add multiple such fields and then have multiple people sign the same document, one after another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines