Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Extract API SDK

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am reaching to see whether OCR processing of PDF documents using Adobe PDF services SDK is done remotely on  Adobe's infrastructure with PDF documents RESTfully posted to an endpoint? If yes, is there a way to have that processing done on my corporate servers where the Application runs and with all the required artificats installed? I am trying to avoid sharing sensitive pdf documents in a remtoe fashion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

No, it cannot be done locally in your environment. We talk a bit about this in the FAQ. Here's the relevant part:

• Documents are only transferred to the cloud for processing. Adobe document cloud does not store the document but retains the document for a maximum of 24 hours as part of the processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it cannot be done locally in your environment. We talk a bit about this in the FAQ. Here's the relevant part:

• Documents are only transferred to the cloud for processing. Adobe document cloud does not store the document but retains the document for a maximum of 24 hours as part of the processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Raymond

Quick follow up question - Is your PDF Cloud processing server FedRAMP certified?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the prompt response. 

Is there a possibility of Adobe partnering with the organization I work for to procure this security certification? Perhaps my Org's security/risk team can partner with Adobe to define the necessary requirments for you achieve FedRAMP certification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got no clue on that - forwarding it up the chain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe PDF Services API is not currently FedRAMP-certified. There are other Adobe services that have FedRAMP status (https://marketplace.fedramp.gov/#!/products?sort=productName&productNameSearch=adobe). Currently, the Adobe PDF Services that are FedRAMP-Tailored are ones that are included as part of Acrobat (as in used through Acrobat in the web browser, mobile apps, etc). This does not currently include Adobe PDF Services API. 

We are always continuing to improve the service, but we do not have any additional information or timelines we can share at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources