• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best options for Preventing PDF Downloading and securing the pdf files online

Contributor ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking  for the best  options  for securing  the pdfs  online   so only the API can call these  files  and  finding a way to prevent  the files  from being  downloaded  when viewed  

I Have  Pluging for another site  Joomlatools Docman which can secure these files and embed in a pdf viewer but I would prefer to use the Adobe embed API one of their workarounds is to serve the files from Google Drive and link them to this system using the view only option    I tried this directly in the API  but it does not work. Any anyone have  any thoughts on how best to achieve this 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you point Embed at a URL, nothing will stop someone from seeing that in code and grabbing the bits directly. Embed _can_ use a File Promise as well which means you could do things like - require a login to your site and check for a session when getting the bits. You can disable download as well. But then all a user has to do is take screen shots of the PDF, page by page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Thanks for your response,  I hope I have found a way which is quite convoluted.  I put the PDF into a PDF Documents management application which utilises the CMS's built access control.   The PDF is secured behind The application's htaccess protection.  An embed link is generated to the file which is also access controlled   The link is generated via the application so is not a direct link to the file  The pages where the API is are also access controlled via the CMS  and relevant files and directories are disallowed or no indexed   Along with the api's protection from printing and downloading  I think this will provide a level of protection from the general user  or the site.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources