• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error using PDF Embed API on localhost

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new key but I'm getting 401 error. I'm allowing localhost but I receive:

TOPICS
PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

I created a new key and it worked, thanks for the support!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share your code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you are using a template language. When your site is run, View Source, and confirm you see the right client ID there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new key and it worked, thanks for the support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue with this trying to utilize ionic capacitor, so my domain on the app is capacitor://localhost . I have created a localhost key, but still getting the error "This application domain (capacitor://localhost) is not authorized to use the provided PDF Embed API Client ID" - Any suggestions on resolving this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used https://localhost, that is not the same as capacitor://localhost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response - I am unable to add capacitor://localhost to the domain when creating a new client ID - receiving this error:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, not surprised, as it's not a valid domain. I don't think you will be able to use PDF Embed w/ Capicitor, or Cordova in general. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response - so is there no wildcard or workaround for this i.e. no way for Adobe to allow adding the capacitor://localhost to an approved domain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, nope. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works for me, following these steps:

1. create a credential as "localhost" domain

2. generate the html or whatever you'r using

3. in VS CODE use the extension live server ( opens a port  available ) in my case :5500 or just open the port manually

4. in your browser, for me ( chrome ) it would look like these 127.0.0.1:5500/path/path/yourfile.html

5. change the url to localhost:5500/path/path/yourfile.html

127.0.0.1 is the same as localhost, and our domain for the API KEY is localhost so...

NOW IT WORKS!

note: if you use the port :8080 it should be work in your browser with localhost as URL, this is why 8080 is the web default port. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot create a credential for "localhost". I used the adobe developer console and got an error.

Could you explain in more detail how you created the credentials?

adobe-dc-error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that may have been a temporary error - please try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the exact same thing (ie. I set Allowed doman to localhost) and I'm getting the 'API configuration failed' error like Anna did.

Any clue why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, I can't reproduce this at all.

RaymondCamden_0-1670358999179.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply.  here's my scre

John27461686yxjo_0-1670359193121.png

enshot:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I just tried again with a brand new project and it worked.  Don't know what was wrong with my initial attempt, but as long as it works, I'm fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

query - does it fail on a real domain? like raymondcamden.com ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created the localhost key. and it worked with https://localhost But not working for app://localhost.

Is both URLs different? If yes then how to create a key for "app://localhost"?

I have been facing this issue since 25 Apr 2023 before this it was working for both https://localhost and app://localhost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iOS mobile app developed with Cordova, using Cordova-ios 6.2.0. In this version, the default URL scheme is app:// and a hostname can be configured in the config.xml file. So the requests from the mobile app to the backend all originate from the app://localhost.
And I have created the API key for "localhost", Which was not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know, it's only going to be supported via https://, http://, not app://. I could be wrong, but I don't think we ever supported web view usage. I used to do quite a bit of Cordova, but haven't in a long time so I don't have any easy way to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources