Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Embed API throwing corrupt file error from .wasm file

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been using the PDF Embed API on my website for a while now and it has been working perfectly until this past week. Here is a quick overview of my usecase so that you can better understand my problem.

1. I generate a new PDF file from a PDF template file on my Python backend via a few different open source PDF manipulation libraries.

2. The Python libraries allow me to fill in the PDF template file fields with some data. (The PDF template file is a an acrobat form)

3. After this my client side application loads the PDF embed SDK and renders the newly generated PDF form which allows users to continue editing the form fields.

This process has been working for me for several months and just this past week the PDF Embed SDK started throwing a new error. The error is being thrown from a Web Assembly file and is something along the lines of stating that the file is corrupt. The file loads fine into the PDF Embed iFrame but the form fields are no longer visible nor editable.

Nothing was modified on my server side and even older generated files which have already been edited in the PDF Embed iFrame are showing the same error. It seems that some code was changed on the Embed API side and I was wondering if this issue can be looked into and fixed. If anyone from the Adobe team has any information on this bug, I'd really appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, any updates? This is significant for me as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources