• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[QUESTION] Linking to specific page or section in embedded pdf? Adobe View SDK

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say for instance. I have a button on a webpage I would like to link to a specific page in an interactive catalogue pdf document, that I plan to be embedded in a subpage with the Adobe View SDK. 

Is that possible, And how would I go about it? 

I don't want to involve my developer before I know it can be done, else I have to settle with current possibilities with either web folder link or google drive embed functionality and then split the pages to fit under pages.

Our current approach is to just upload a document to webserver folder, and then add to the URL link 
".pdf#page=13" But unfortunately this approach only download the document on mobiles and eventually just start from the beginning. But I want it to be mobile friendly. 

Hope it makes sense? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a working example at this CodePen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is awesome Joel! Much appriciated! 

What makes it different with yours compared to this codepen example (from this article). Because in Amits example I cant just add "?page=4" to the URL adress, like I can with yours. 

I'm just trying to understand 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things are different.

1. Amit's embed mode is INLINE so it shows all the pages back to back
  2. I added code to look at the querystring and go to the page number requested. That functionality isn't a feature of the tool, I added it via code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great! 

What if like the back to back style, is that still doable with the URL pages? 

I like the way it is "integrated" in the page 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back to back style? Can you elaborate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"

1. Amit's embed mode is INLINE so it shows all the pages back to back

"

But I mean like in-line embed mode of those. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I press a button for a desired product group, lets say from slider on front page 

it jumps to (example) our digitial pdf catalogue page, to page 13 (out of 36) with the section/page of that desired product group 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.. Ok - So you want to know if inline mode support goToLocation()? Correct?

I've never tried it so please clarify and I'll see if I can get a sample working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

goToLocation would certainly be impresive, like target a "headline" on a page, if you can add like several attributes to a URL, like "?page=4" and "add some additional targeting code here/look for word "Hydraulics". But for starters just the in-line mode page targeting through URL yes.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources