• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Adobe Logo in View SDK?

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use View SDK to present PDFs on an educaion website and would like to hide the Adobe logo on the controls.  Is there a license fee or something that allows that to be hidden? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The View SDK is far more than a simple PDF viewer that Adobe distributes for free. You can essentially recreate the Acrobat DC Review Service, track events, collect analytics, comment, review, save to external repositories, and a whole lot more. The logo is a small price to pay for such a powerful tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No doubt. I just wish there was a solution I could pay for that wasn't branded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very curious... what is your issue with the branding? Are the browsers themselves not branded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your reply. We put a lot of time into the overal aesthetics of the learning environment and try to make the page as distraction-free as possible.  I have included a screenshot of one of our education modules.  Having a black, branded, navigation bar may not be an issue in many situations, but in this situation, we would prefer to keep the environment as clean as possible.  We have a Vimeo account that we use for embedding videos and we hide their branding and only show the minimum controls necessary to navigate through the content effectively.
Thanks.
Todd
FB Screenshot.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - So... the Inline and Lightbox view modes show the logo on the top toolbar briefly... but then the entire toolbar dims to make the reading experience cleaner. You might consider using one of those view modes. In Lightbox mode, after the top toolbar dims, you can still navigate through the PDF using the navigation bar at the bottom. The toolbar only reappears when the pointer gets close to the top of the page but then dims again. Additionally, though Lightbox was designed to be implemented based on clicking an element on the page, you don't necessarily need to use it that way. You can easily just make it activate when the page loads. The image below is what Lightbox mode looks like 4 seconds after it loads.

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 3.40.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Joel.

I will give that a try.  I appreciate the info.

Have a great evening.

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources