• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to highlight text in USPTO document.

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been using the PDF Embed API and I'm having an issue highlighting text.  I've confirmed that the code is good (I'm using the example code) and I've tried different PDF documents (all are working except those coming from the US Patent and Trademark Office).  I've attached an example of a PDF that I can't highlight.  

What am I missing?  Also, if this type of PDF cannot be highlighted is there a way in the SDK to turn off the highlight button?  

Thanks!

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF contains no text that can be highlighted. The pages are image only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it possible then to turn off the highlight button on the pdf embed viewer?  Customers will be confused if they select it, but are unable to highlight...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You can set "showAnnotationTools" to false. See link to documentation below.

https://developer.adobe.com/document-services/docs/overview/pdf-embed-api/howtos_ui/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to only turn off the highlight button?  The other options work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, there is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources