Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using the PDF Embed API with a list of pdfs

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to the PDF Embed API and I am not really a developer, but I am pretty good at playing around and figuring things out. I am playing with the PDF Embed API. We have long lists of downloadable pdfs for our products. I would like to have one column of pdf links on a side panel, and when one of our customers clicks on a link, have the linked to pdf open in the embedded window, which is located in the main column of the product page. So far I can have one snippet of code for one link, but I would like to have different links open up in the embedded window as a customer clicks on them. I am trying to get away from our customers opening new tabs or navigating away from our webpage as they look through our downloadables. How do I adjust the code to support this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've put a CodePen here that shows how to show a list of files where clicking on one will update the embedded viewer with the new file. Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is really helpful thank you! Sorry for the slow reply, it took me a little while to loop back to this project. I still have some fiddling to do, but this makes a huge difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources