Highlighted

Acrobat Pro Dc crashes when zooming on a Mac

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having difficulty zooming in and out using option+Scroll to zoom in PDFs on my Mac with macOS High Sierra. When this happens, the program will display the pinwheel and freeze until I force quit. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application with no success. The same issue does not occur in the same app on windows. Any advice?

Correct answer by Amal. | Adobe Employee

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

Please try to update the application to the latest version 20.009.20065 and see if that makes any difference. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Topics

Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Pro Dc crashes when zooming on a Mac

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having difficulty zooming in and out using option+Scroll to zoom in PDFs on my Mac with macOS High Sierra. When this happens, the program will display the pinwheel and freeze until I force quit. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application with no success. The same issue does not occur in the same app on windows. Any advice?

Correct answer by Amal. | Adobe Employee

Hi there

Please try to update the application to the latest version 20.009.20065 and see if that makes any difference. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Topics

Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Looking at the description given above, it seems you have been experiencing this issue when running Acrobat DC on Mac OS. However, same thing (scroll to zoom) works smoothly on Windows machine. 

To understand better couple of things we'd like you to check once-

1- On Mac OS High Sierra are you using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat? Open Acrobat>Help>Check for update

2- Did you try zooming any other pdf? It could be a document specific issue, if not please check once.

3- For testing purpose, Navigate to Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Enhanced Security" and "Protected View">OK>Reboot Acrobat and reopen the document.

Any luck? 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem as JuliaJacob. I tried to uncheck Enhanced Security as Akanchha suggested but the program still freezes when I use my mouse scroll wheel to zoom in on a page.

It does not freeze when using the mouse scroll wheel to scroll through pages, not does it freeze if I click the + button to zoom. Only when using the mouse scroll wheel to zoom.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
mpkadobe LATEST
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal;

I do not remember updating to 2020.009.20065 (auto update?) but it turns out I am using that version now. The problem seems to have gone away at this point from what I can tell.

Thanks,

Marc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF