• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro Dc crashes when zooming on a Mac

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having difficulty zooming in and out using option+Scroll to zoom in PDFs on my Mac with macOS High Sierra. When this happens, the program will display the pinwheel and freeze until I force quit. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application with no success. The same issue does not occur in the same app on windows. Any advice?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Hi @peterh87093920 

We are sorry to hear that.

Are you on Windows or Mac OS? Also make sure you have the application updated to the recent version 23.08.20533 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer.

If you are on Mac OS,  Go to Preferences (Cmd+K) >> General >> Select "Show home screen when all documents are closed" Click Ok and reboot the computer once and check.

If it still doesn't work, please collect the  Crash/freeze logs https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Looking at the description given above, it seems you have been experiencing this issue when running Acrobat DC on Mac OS. However, same thing (scroll to zoom) works smoothly on Windows machine. 

To understand better couple of things we'd like you to check once-

1- On Mac OS High Sierra are you using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat? Open Acrobat>Help>Check for update

2- Did you try zooming any other pdf? It could be a document specific issue, if not please check once.

3- For testing purpose, Navigate to Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Enhanced Security" and "Protected View">OK>Reboot Acrobat and reopen the document.

Any luck? 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem as JuliaJacob. I tried to uncheck Enhanced Security as Akanchha suggested but the program still freezes when I use my mouse scroll wheel to zoom in on a page.

It does not freeze when using the mouse scroll wheel to scroll through pages, not does it freeze if I click the + button to zoom. Only when using the mouse scroll wheel to zoom.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

Please try to update the application to the latest version 20.009.20065 and see if that makes any difference. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal;

I do not remember updating to 2020.009.20065 (auto update?) but it turns out I am using that version now. The problem seems to have gone away at this point from what I can tell.

Thanks,

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi amal,

i'm having the same issue with adobe acrobat pro DC version 2020.012.20048, running on mac OS 10.15.5.

almost every PDF file i zoom into freezes for at least 1 min. before i can do anything.

most of the time i have to force quit.  this is very frustrating esp. when screensharing in collaborative calls.

any possible fixes?

thanks much,

jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

We are sorry for the delay in response. As the issue still persist with the latest version, please try the steps suggested in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suddenly having the same type of issue and it's a real pain to deal with, and causing a lot of lost time .  When I try to zoom in greater than 67% viewing size, the PDF freezes and does all kinds of wierd things...  each time, I need to force quit and start over.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro and my Mac is up to date as far as the OS.  This is a big time waster...   hope a fix is available very soon.  I create PDFs for clients all the time and need to be able to zoom into very fine deals when workoing with them.  The wierd thing is this issue came out of nowhere -never a problem before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that.

Collecting logs can be a helpful step in diagnosing and resolving the problems you're experiencing. Here are the instructions for collecting and sharing the required logs:

1. Adobe CC Logs: You can collect Adobe CC logs by following the steps provided in this guide: Adobe CC Log Collection Guide.

2. Crash/Freeze Logs (Adobe Acrobat): To collect logs for Adobe Acrobat crashes and freezes, please refer to Adobe Acrobat Log Collection Guide.

Once you've gathered the necessary logs, you can upload them to a cloud storage service of your choice for further investigation. Some popular options include Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive. Here's a simple process to upload and share the logs:

1. Upload your log files to your chosen cloud storage.
  2. Generate a shareable link for the uploaded files.
  3. Share the generated link with us for further investigation.

If you have any questions or encounter any issues while collecting or sharing the logs, please don't hesitate to ask for further assistance.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here, when zooming in with either scrolling or using +/- keys acrobat gives the spinning wheel and crashes.
Using the latest update of Acrobat (2023.006.20360) on Mac OS Ventura. Hope for a quick fix from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please share the requested logs for further investigation.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same exact problem... on a MacBook Pro (16", 2021) running OS Monterey (12.7)... Acrobat is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on my MacBook Pro 16", 2021, Mac OS 13.6.2. Not on every PDF Document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. However, to further investigate the issue we would require the crash logs as requested earlier. Please share the crash logs do we can isolate the issue for the fix.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I only can generate the process analysis file. For the spindump file i do not have the admin permissions. Perhaps this help? I also noticed that the "freezing" depends on the type of pdf file. For example: there are differences between pdfs with or without transparency / RGB or CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there ,

Please try to get in touch with the admin at your end to get the crash logs as requested also, share the sample PDF file and a small video recording of the issue for more clarity.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on different Mac OS systems (Ventura 13.5.2/Monterey 12.7.1). Using the latest update of Acrobat (2023.006.20380). Already shared the requested logs for further investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mr. Bean 

Have you uploaded the logs to the log collector portal? If yes, please share the name of the uploaded file for identification.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I encounter the same issue on MacOS Big Sur 11.7.10 (20G1427) - latest version supported by my iMac, using latest Acrobat version 23.008.20423. It happens when opening a file containing my archhitect's AutoCAD plan. This is extremely annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @alexandrep63705515 

Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , and Crash/freeze logs https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html  and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your follow-up. Icollected the Adobe CC and crash/freeze logs. Is there a a direct address through your support at which I can share the link?  

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You may share the logs through the private message. Click on the envelope icon on the top right corner of this page to initiate the private message.

Thanks

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Ever since the update when they made it look like crap they made it function like crap. Seems they have no desire to correct it. How do we just revert to a version that functioned correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The new experience is an exciting step forward for Acrobat's future. But if it doesn’t suit your needs, you can still revert to the previous experience.  

Windows: Select the hamburger menu, and then choose Disable new Acrobat.  

macOS: Go to View > Disable new Acrobat.

For more info. please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/learn-new-acrobat.html

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the new Acrobat is not working here on my macbook.. it makes acrobat crash all the time i try it.

This new arobat is so terrible slow and full of bugs, very disapointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines