• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC is a buggy, slow joke.

New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, apparently someone at Adobe taped a few soggy pieces of cardboard together and called it an application framework.

This application has caused my sanity to drop faster than the frame rate when scrolling slowly through a PDF. The entire application feels like it's running inside of Internet explorer- on a single thread for God's sake!!! I genuinely thought I had accidentally installed an experimental version. (Of course I knew this couldn't have been true because there isn't a "Submit Bug Report" button)

It has:

• Wiped my unsaved work without warning.
  • Wiped my saved work without warning.
  • Crashed while I was saving.
  • Went unresponsive multiple times.
  • Completely freaking obliterated the instance of Windows 10.
  • Made me audibly swear in front of my mother.

Come on, Adobe... this is why we test our work before releasing it.

What would be cool to see:

• MAJOR stability improvements.
  • multithreading. never thought i'd have to say that.
  • "Submit Bug Report" button.
  • GPU acceleration

However, I have had little to no problems with the other CC applications. So 10/10 job on that!

Acrobat has some pretty cool features, but the door to them is locked by these stability issues.

Regards,

Angelo.

P.S.

Change the task bar Icon back to the loopy 'A' triangle, i think it's better than the 'blank page' icon

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Angelo said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And these are only stabilty issues (which i do not have, luckily enough).
Wait until it comes to editing. Big fun.

As you may remember, Acrobat was generated to transport text and pages.

These folks should have some knowledge about text-editing. But...

Example: You scanned a file and did OCR on it.

Text is recognised, start entering new text.

See how the fonts change from letter to letter in font-type, style, size, name it.

Ever had a link in your imported text, blue and underline?

See how the underline falls 10 pixels below, maybe becomes a graphic element.

The line-spacing changes randomly from 1 to 17,33 or whatever.

None of this is useful or existing in the edited text.

Or look at the intuitive wordings on editing links.
Do you want a (new) blue line under a link?
You have to choose "viewable rectangle" and the line-style should be not "continuous" or "dotted", it is then "underline".

Yes, you ask for a rectangle to get a line, which is a style of rectangle.
This is just one example.

Someone at Adobe is having big fun torturing users.

Or nobody at Adobe has any clue how to do this.

Hint: Look for pdfill, 30 bucks in Pro-Version: 

Formatting pages, alignment of text and form-elements simultaneously on objects, guiding-lines or grid, keeping styles.... And all your preferences are there the next time you open the app.

But no OCR, cloud-sync or optimising pdf so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

we are sorry for the delay in response and the trouble so far.

Please share the screen recording of the issue you are experiencing for a better understanding. 

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC you are using?  To check the version please use the link (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html)

Make sure you are on the latest version 20.006.20042. Go to Help > Check for Updates. For more information please refer  to the help link (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html)

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Angelo. I have posted elsewhere, but DC is the opposite of progress, even 5 years after it was first released it is stil SO SLOW, buggy and the UI needs a serious re-work and streamling for professional use... Adobe needs to take a long look at how good 9.5 and X were and go back to the compact UI and speed they had back then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me or is Acrobat getting even worse? It was always buggy but it is so bad now it is barely usable, especially the annotations tools for me.

I am paying $16 a month or whatever for broken buggy software, come on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

What happens when you try to annotate the PDF file? Do you get any error messages?  Which annotation tool you are trying to use and get the issue. Please share the screenshot or a small video recording of the issue for a better understanding.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDF? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer first and then try again.

What is the version of the OS and Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works. Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and check.

Regards

Amal

[Edited]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is it 2022 but I so feel your pain. With the new Acrobat Pro DC version 2022, I feel like I've been transported back to the 90's. It's been at least a decade since I sat and watched a ball spin for 3 minutes. 

It has:

Continually refreshed whenever I move my mouse

Continually crashes several times per day

Freezes constantly even in "reader mode"

Made me actually slam my hand down on my desk in frustration and yell the "f" word

And no ability to edit the info.plist so I could at least open in low rez mode (which would speed up my workflow a little)

And I have a 1 year old 2.3 GHz 8-core MAC powerbook with plenty of RAM and internal HD space, and the files I'm working in are not large files. 

Unbelieve piece of 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines