• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE ACROBAT PRO DC CREATING DUPLICATE BOOKMARKS

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC from various Word documents it is creating Duplicate Bookmarks.  I have tried everything mentioned in this forum to find a resolution but have been unsuccessful, such as:

• Run updates on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

• Run updates on Word – Updates Version 1911 currently

• Did an online repair" of Office 365 by pressing the window button + R, then choosing Office 365 and choosing online repair.

• Uninstalled and re installed Window 365

• Uninstalled and re-installed Acrobat Pro DC

• Got a new Laptop – reinstalled everything on it

• Purchase a new Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version

• Numerous cases raised with Adobe Acrobat Customer Service and they closed the cases after 3 days due to no resolutions.

Can you please help me to solve this issue of Duplicate Bookmarks.

Thanks
Marylyn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe your symptoms in full detail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marylyn,

We are sorry for the trouble and the experience. As described above, when creating the PDF from Word you are getting duplicate bookmarks.

We need some more information for a better understanding:

You may also refer to a similar discussion here (https://community.adobe.com/t5/content-server/when-printing-to-a-pdf-from-word-bookmarks-are-duplica...) and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marylyn,

We are sorry for the trouble and the experience. As described above, when creating the PDF from Word you are getting duplicate bookmarks.

We need some more information for a better understanding:

You may also refer to a similar discussion here (https://community.adobe.com/t5/content-server/when-printing-to-a-pdf-from-word-bookmarks-are-duplica...) and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

I am also using Window 10 PC.  This issue is occuring with all PFD files I am creating.  I have also looked at the Forum and tried everything they suggested and nothing changes the Duplicate Bookmarks.

My Current Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version File: 19.021.20058.31925 and also I have just bought an Annual Subscription of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC as well, hoping that this would fix the issue but it did not work.

The Duplication of Bookmarks is occurring with every file I create, whether it is a single file or multiple files.  I have tried the Save as PDF version and it still creates Duplicate Bookmarks.

I have also looked at your forum, but the solutions displayed does not work at all for me.

These are the steps I take to create a PDF file, using Word Documents.  My Manuals are over 18,000 pages so this is a big undertaking.

• Open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
  • Select Tools
  • Select Create PDF
  • Select Multiple Files
  • Click on the Radio button Combine Files
  • A dialogue box is displayed
  • I select my files and drag it to the box
  • Press Combine
  • The Files are combined
  • However, all my Bookmarks are DUPLICATED when file is created

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Duplication of Bookmarks is occurring with every file I create, whether it is a single file or multiple files."

These are all Word documents, correct? With bookmarks made automatically from header styles?

"  I have tried the Save as PDF version and it still creates Duplicate Bookmarks."

This may be very important. You mean that you went to Word, choose Save as, and PDF format, and still got duplicate bookmarks? NOT "Save as Adobe PDF" but just "Save as PDF"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test screen name,

These are all Word documents, correct?  

Yes all Word Documents.

With bookmarks made automatically from header styles? 

Yes all the Word documents have bookmarks made automatically from Header Styles, which has been created by me.

You mean that you went to Word, choose Save as, and PDF format, and still got duplicate bookmarks? NOT "Save as Adobe PDF" but just "Save as PDF"?

I have done the following:

• I opened the Word Document and at the top in the toolbar, selected Acrobat, then I selected create PDF.  (Created DUPLICATE BOOKMARKS)
  • I also opened the Word Document, selected File, then I selected Save As Adobe PDF.  (Created DUPLICATE BOOKMARKS)
  • The option to Save As, then selected PDFs (this did not created bookmarks at all)As you can see Duplicate Bookmarks were created in first 2 methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that the issue is still unresolved.

Please update the application to the latest version 19.21.20061. Go to Help > Check for  Updates. For more information, you may refer to the help article: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Also, you may try the following setting and share your observation

• Open the Word file and Click on Acrobat in the toolbar on the top.
  • Go to Preferences > Settings > Uncheck 'Create Bookmark' > Click OK
  • Click on Create PDF
  • Now check the bookmarks in the PDF created. Are you getting bookmarks created? If yes are they getting duplicated.

If it still doesn't work, please share the source file (Word file) and the PDF file with duplicate bookmarks via private message for further testing. Click on the message icon on the top right corner of the screen to start the private message.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines