• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1328 for Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat XI Pro that I have been using for some time.

I previously had a problem with automatic updates and a staff member gave me a link to download  Version 11.0.17.

Recently I am getting the same problem when it tries to auto update it informs me that the update has failed.

This morning I uninstalled Acrobat 11.0.17 and reinstalled XI Pro from the CD and tried to reinstall 11.0.17.

About half way through the install of 11.0.17 I get the following error message.

Error 1328.Error applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PTB32B.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch.  For more information contact your patch vendor.

So here I am.

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

uninstall your acrobat

clean per Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

restart your computer

reinstall acrobat xi

install that update from http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

turn off automatic updates.  that's that last acrobat xi update. ie, there will be no more in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall your acrobat

clean per Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

restart your computer

reinstall acrobat xi

install that update from http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

turn off automatic updates.  that's that last acrobat xi update. ie, there will be no more in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, as my Acrobat XI will not update and I receive the Error 1328 message as noted.

I have followed the instructions to uninstall, used the Acrobat Cleaner Tool, reinstalled, and I still get the Error 1328 message. 

A solution would be appreciated.

I also have a question regarding the Answer, above:  Will the last update(i.e. 11.0.17) suffice for all previous updates?   Or, do updates have to be run in the order of update, i.e. 11.0.01, 11.0.02, 11.0.03, etc.?

A third question:  The Answer above notes the last update as 11.0.17.  Release notes show updates at 11.0.23, as of November 4, 2017. Have the updates continued? 

Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can download the last update here (under acrobat dc),   http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Kglad:

Yes, I had earlier found the page for the list of updates, as you have noted.

Do I have to install each update in order?  Or is the last update sufficient for all previous updates?

AI am going to assume by your answer, that automatic updates are not going to happen.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

automatic updates will always, if not almost always, fail for older versions.

you only need to install the last update because it incorporates previous updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Kglad:

I have manually downloaded and installed updates 11.0.01 thru 11.0.06.  For updates 11.0.07 thru 11.0.11 and 11.0.23, these would not install.  (I did not try the updates between 11.0.12 and 11.0.22. )

I receive an Error 1328, while applying the patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PTC3D.tmp.  The error message suggests that 'It' has probably been modified by other means and can no longer be modified by this patch.   See attached image, below.

My program for Adobe Acrobat XI notes version 11.0.06.

Does ADOBE have any further advisement?

Thanks.

Capture - Adobe Update 11-0-23 Problem 1328 180130.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the updates are rolled-up at that link so you only need to install the last update.  ie, reinstall xi after cleaning etc and then update to the last xi update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Kglad:

The last update would not install.  See the attached screen capture.

Per Adobe advisement (Solution 2), I have once again uninstalled Acrobat XI, run the Acrobat Cleaner Tool, re-installed Acrobat XI from the program disk, and then attempted to install the latest Acrobat update, i.e. 11.0.23, dated 11/14/2017.  The attempt results in an "Error 1328" message from which I aborted, see the following screen capture.

About an hour after this manual attempt, the newly installed Acrobat XI attempted an automatic update using Release 11.0.00.  The attempted update failed, the message referred to configuration file PT7AFD.tmp. (A screen capture can be provided upon request.)

If the pattern repeats as before, I will get regular attempts at updates, all of which will result in Error 1328.  And my Acrobat XI will not be updated.

Does ADOBE have any further advisement?

Thanks.

Capture - Adobe Update 11-0-23 Problem 1328 180131.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  you are not communicating with an adobe employee.

open your acrobat>click help>click about acrobat>take a screenshot and attach it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Kglad:

I appreciate you taking time to help and to answer my questions.

I have attached a screenshot showing my version of Acrobat XI.  See below.

The Acrobat program has been re-installed as noted above.  Both manual and automated attempts to update have resulted in Error 1328.  Manual attempt was for latest release, 11.0.23 from Nov. 2017.

Capture - Adobe XI About Version 11-0-0 180131.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you also have reader installed, you should uninstall it, restart your computer, reapply the update.

otherwise, Error 1328: Error applying patch to file | Acrobat, Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Kglad,

Adobe Reader is not installed.

Earlier, I used the instructions per your reference "Error 1328: Error applying patch to file".  For Solution 1, the folder C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Setup\ is empty.  Per Solution 2, I have uninstalled Acrobat and run the cleaner tools, both for Acrobat 10.x and later, also for 9.x.  I ran the cleaner 10.x, after each uninstall of Acrobat XI. 

The re-installation has been accomplished from the setup program on the Acrobat disk.  As stated above, I have been able to manually install the releases 11.0.01 thru 11.0.06, but no more than this and not the current version 11.0.23.  I am running Win10.

As I write this, I am wondering if I should be installing the downloaded release 11.0.23 instead of using the program disk?  Is it possible to install in this manner, and will the downloaded program ask for my serial number?

Again, I appreciate your interest in this.  I wonder if Adobe ever takes an interest in these user forums.

MM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.0.23 is just an update, not the entire program so you won't be able to install it without a previous (recognized) version being installed.

i don't know anything else you can do other than search for solutions using something like google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None of these fixes worked for me. Running 11.0.23  I kept getting the 1328 C:\config.msi  error for a particular file; one time I chose to ignore instead of abort and it finally updated!

FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines