• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable Fields Not Viewable Within Acrobat Pro

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieve several fillable PDF forms and recently, they no longer show any of the data selected in the fillable fields. The data will show in literally every other PDF viewer I've attempted, including Outlook, Word, IE, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc. The form was created and filled out on Windows 10 PCs that are fully updated and are also all running Adobe Acrobat Pro. Please, someone, help.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main question is what application was used to fill in those forms, not to create them... Did you ask the people who submitted them to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated, the forms were filled out using Adobe Acrobat Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact version number of Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe 20.012.20048.6926

Windows 2004 19041.450

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 2020 is not compatible with Windows 2004. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/system-requirements-acrobat-2020.html

I'm not sure that's the issue, but it very well could be. I opened the file and can see the values of the fields in it just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows that it's compatible with Windows 10 32 and 64 bit. I find it hard to believe that the fonts would stop working from 1904 to 2004 so I don't think the build version has anything to do with it and the link you provided doesn't say anything about it one way or the other. Could you provide other info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@try67  So when you downloaded it and opened it in Acrobat, it still showed values in the left column for Exterior and Interior Condition, No. of Keys, Spare Tire, Check Fluids, and Check Trailer Plug? Left picture is in Adobe, Right picture is in anything else; this time it's in Chrome. Also works in Edge, Word, IE, and Firefox. Just won't work in Adobe. 

Clip 2.jpgClip 1.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, those fields were empty, but the values were selected (I confirmed it with a script), so you could export the form data to an FDF file and then import it back it and it appears just fine...

I've noticed now that there are some very weird things going on in this file, though. There are fields with very unusual names that might be causing issues, and also a script that is set to execute when the file is opened and reset the form if certain conditions are met, but it contains a reference to a missing field... Very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to share a sample file for further help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines