Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font changes when i Save as Adobe PDF in Word 2010 and when using Timeslips

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Word 2010 using Adobe Version 2020.006.20024

I never had a problem when I would select Save as Adobe PDF in Word or when using Timeslips. Now all of a sudden the font changes when I select Save as Adobe PDF in Word or Timeslips. Only way to keep font the same would be to select Print / Print PDF and save my document that way. I've tried all the embed fonts help I can possibly find and I haven't had to change any of my settings according to help I've found. I don't know how or why this has started happening. I realize this is kind of vague but I am not tech savy either. I just know something changed. Can anyone offer me any kind of help? This is quite frustrating. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter what font the original Word doc is created in but for purposes of this conversation lets say Arial and Times New

Roman. I don't know the font name it turns into when I save as Adobe PDF. Below is a pic of the Word doc (left) and the PDF (right).

WORDWORDPDFPDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this has absolutely nothing to do with Adobe Fonts but rather, Acrobat, I'm moving this to the Acrobat community.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what font is changing? From what to what other font?

Is the font one of the fonts in the Adobe Font service? (If not, this should be posted in the Acrobat forum!)

Could you provide a sample source document (i.e. Word) exhibiting this problem?

Are you running under Windows or MacOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Do you think you can point me in the right direction. I really have no idea why my Adobe is doing this but it's starting to become an issue and I'm lost as to what to do or where to go for help.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a sample Word and resultant PDF file exhibiting the problem, we cannot investigate.

This isn't a problem that we are otherwise aware of (no one else has previously reported these symptoms).

Post a link to the files or send me a private message with such a link or else there is nothing more Adobe can do to assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sending me the Word document and the resultant PDF file.

I opened the Word document in Office 365 (Word 2019 equivalent) with the same version of Acrobat DC Pro installed that you have installed. I used the Save as Adobe PDF using the Standard joboptions. The resultant PDF file matched the Word document exactly with no font changes.

Looking at the PDF file you sent, apparently something is going very wrong with the Save as Adobe PDF operation. The Arial font is not embedded and where that text should be, Times New Roman is used, but in a very distorted fashion.

The problem isn't the viewer but rather in the creation process.

Quite frankly, we have never seen anything like this before. Although Word 2010 (which you are using) is still supported by Microsoft until October 2020, it is somewhat “long in the tooth.” We certainly have no way of testing with it within Adobe.

However, I don't think that is the problem. The fact that this is suddenly happening to you might be indicative of some internal configuration or cache problem associated with fonts.

The first thing I would try out would be to find and delete all files on your system with the name AdobeFnt##.lst where ## is a two digit number. These are font cache files used by various Adobe components. Deleting them causes them to be regenerated when needed. You won't lose any data, but if the problem is due to an Adobe font cache, this could fix the problem. (I don't believe it is a Windows font cache problem since you get the correct fonts in Word.)

If that doesn't work, we may need to try more invasive fixes including the dreaded uninstall Acrobat, run the Adobe Cleaner, and reinstall Acrobat. Let's try the other hack first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Thanks for sending this. I'm finally getting around to being able to do this however I don't know where to find the files you said to delete - AdobeFnt##.lst. I tried searching my computer for just AdobeFnt but nothing pops up and I'm still have this distrotion issue. Would you be able to tell me where I could possibly find those files, if any?

Thanks a million!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines