• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Icons are blurred

Guru ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden my icons are blurred. They don't look crisp as they used to. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this issue? TIA for any feedback.

Acrobat DC blurred icons.png

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

I reinstalled Acrobat DC and now the icons look fine. But .... the Adobe Acrobat DC application icon is showing now as Ps (Photoshop). Any ideas how to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please check 'Rendering' option under Edit menu> Preferences> Page display.

Make sure that in smooth text drop down "For laptop/LCD screens" selected and

If issue still occurs try once to "Repair Installation" under Help menu.

Let us know if you still experience the issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank your for your reply. "For Laptop/LCD screens" was already checked. When I tried "Repair Installation" it starts the process but it doesn't seem to finish it. I get a screen with "Please wait while Windows configures Adobe Acrobat DC" showing from 52 min to 90 min remaining time. My screen blinks a few times and then the warning disappears. My icons still look blurred. Let me know what else can I try. Please find attached my system specs. Acrobat Pro DC version 2015.016.20041.System specs.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled Acrobat DC and now the icons look fine. But .... the Adobe Acrobat DC application icon is showing now as Ps (Photoshop). Any ideas how to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. I just had to "pin to taskbar" the icon on my desktop and now everything is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problems - icons are blury, and your suggestion didn't help. I repaired installaiton and it didn't work

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. None of the suggestions worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed as well but it made no difference. I was able to get it to look normal by going to View - Display Size - Large. By default it is set to standard.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this worked for me!!! omggggggg i've been going crazy with this and contacted our IT dept and asked for a new graphics card haha but i didn't want to wait so thought id poke around a lil more! thank god and thank you cuz i will be able to sleep better tonight! this is nov 2023 and your post is oct 2021 and it still did the trick 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the solution that needs to be posted everywhere this question is asked. Can't believe this problem has existed for years and adobe reps don't know how to diagnose it properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines