• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript for printing 1st pg in 11x17 size and 2nd pg in 8.5x11 size from a pdf automatically

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with Javascripting in Adobe Acrobat. I want to print a document of 2 pages automatically. But the first page in 11x17 size and 2nd in 8.5x11 size. I wanted to try out a script that will work for this. I do have RICOH industrial printer that has both the trays for the sizes.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Acrobat forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the actual size of the PDF pages, though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The both the pages are 11x17. But the printer is multitray. It has 8.5x11 and 17x11 paper. I want to print 1st page in 11x17 and 2nd in 8.5x17, everytime. Can you please help me out with this?

@try67  Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not possible. A script can send each page to the appropriate tray based on its size, but the page has to be in the correct size first. The only other options are to send each page to a separate printer, if you can define each tray as such, or to scale the pages before printing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If that's the case. I am comfortable sending the 1st page to 11x17 printer and the 8.5x11 to a smaller printer, as I do have the more printers in the network. But, what would be the code that I would require to use for that purpose.

Thanks for responding to my issue. @try67 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines