Highlighted

No Option to Print on Both Sides of Paper?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no option to "Print on Both Sides of Paper".Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 11.51.30 AM.png

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

CJ

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 11.45.45 AM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gkaiseril | Adobe Community Professional

This feature is very dependent upon the printer and one needs to access the properties of the printer. Click on the "Advanced" button next to the printer name to bring the operating systems interface pop-up for the printer and set the printer's option for duplex printing.

TOPICS
Macintosh, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No Option to Print on Both Sides of Paper?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no option to "Print on Both Sides of Paper".Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 11.51.30 AM.png

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

CJ

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 11.45.45 AM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gkaiseril | Adobe Community Professional

This feature is very dependent upon the printer and one needs to access the properties of the printer. Click on the "Advanced" button next to the printer name to bring the operating systems interface pop-up for the printer and set the printer's option for duplex printing.

TOPICS
Macintosh, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello cynthiab89927365

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the folloing KB docs which discusses the similar issue In Acrobat Pro DC, I do not have the option for duplex printing on my mac. Any suggestions?

Menu option for "print on both sides" not displayed

You may also refer to Resolve issues with duplex printing in Acrobat or Reader 10.1.2

Print double-sided | Adobe Acrobat, Reader DC

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2017 1
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked with my Brother 5200DW

• CONTROL PANEL > PRINTERS > RIGHT CLICK YOUR PRINTER. 
  • Choose PRINTER PROPERTIES (not to be confused with 'printer preferences', or 'properties' at bottom). 
  • Choose the Tab 'DEVICE SETTINGS'
  • Under 'INSTALLABLE OPTIONS' section is a line item 'DUPLEX SETTINGS'.    Change it to INSTALLED
  • Click APPLY.

I reopened my PDF and the option was available under the PAGE HANDLING AND SIZING section of the dialog box.

As I said, this worked for me.    But, I did find one other option having to do with double sided printing.  It likely has the correct setting, but if not, there is an option to flip on the long edge or short edge.    Go into Control Panel > Printers >right click your printer > choose Printer Preferences, under 'Print on both sides of paper' there is a drop down options box.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2018 21
New Here ,
May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logged in just to say thanks! Worked and spared me a lot of time.

(Also Brother Printer user)

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is working, thanks for the great guide.

Just to clarify, under Windows 10, "properties" at bottom works too, it brings to the same page of "printer properties" under control panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created an account just to log in and thank you.  This saved me a lot of time and I NEVER would have figured it out on my own. My Brother printer was printing double-sided and then stopped.  Your answer showed me what had been reset.  Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! We got a new printer for our school, and I didn't know what to do when there was just not option to print on both sides. This was a quick and easy fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked like magic! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, verified

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally been looking for a solution for this for 2 months.  This is the only one that worked.    Logged in just to say Thansks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made an account to thank you for this trick!
+rep

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!! this worked for me too, much better advice than the generic "it depends on your printer"- we _know_ that.  This fixed the error that Adobe wouldn't do duplex on my printer, but word would

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked everywhere for this solution and finally found it.  Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are a genius. Thank You

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it for me! Thank you very much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It works!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked like a charm- THANK YOU!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried EVERYTHING to get the Two-sided turned on. As you can tell from my first screenshot, the option under just the "Layout" tab is turned off. However, if you see my second screenshot, under the "Layout/Finish" page, the 2-sided option is selected. I'm not sure how to remedy this and it is causing a massive headache. PLEASE HELP!!!Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 4.36.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-22 at 4.42.02 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 0
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The triangle with the exclamation point may indicate a problem with your printer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is just informing me that the paper is low in another tray. Doesn't have an affect on this option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 0
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your 2 screen captures, I'm not able to see the problem. Looks like that you have 2-sided printed selected in the second screen capture, correct?

Your printer settings dialogue box is not controlled by InDesign or any other software on your computer. It comes from the printer manufacturer.

If you don't see all the controls you expect for that particular printer, then try any of the following:

• Download and install the new printer driver from the manufacturer's website for that exact printer model.
  • Some printers come with several versions of drivers, such as PostScript and PCL (non-PostScript). You'll find different options are available depending on which version of the driver you choose to print to. If it's available, I always recommend using the PostScript versions.
Bevi Chagnon | Designer & Technologist for Accessible InDesign + PDFs | Books @ www.PubCom.com/books — NEW! Accessible InDesign + PDF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 2
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive contacted support, and i have been told that if you want 2 sided printing, you have to pay for it and its £15 per month.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2018 0
Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This information is not correct.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2018 0
Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do 2 sided or duplex printing your printer needs to the equipment installed to handle the paper correctly, have the needed printer intalled and have the correct print driver for Acrobat/Reader. Adobe cannot provide this, it must be done by the manufacturer or you or a third party may need to create the needed files.

You can print the even sides, rotate the printed sheets, reinsert and print the odd sides.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was able to select two-sided printing in my print dialogue box until yesterday.  now the option is greyed out.  why can i no longer select two-sided printing?  what can i do to re-enable this feature?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lorraineb,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, would you mind sharing a screenshot of the print window where you are getting the greyed out option? To post a screenshot, please refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

What is the version of Acrobat installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Make sure you have the latest version of Acrobat installed, check for any pending updates from help menu>check for updates, reboot the machine and check.

Install the latest firmware/drivers for the printer.

What is the version of OS installed?

You may refer to the help article and try the suggestions Print double-sided | Adobe Acrobat, Reader DC

Thanks.

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Anand.  Here's the info you asked for...

I'm using macOS Mojave Version 10.14.3

and I have Acrobat Pro DC version Continuous Release 2019.010.20098

Here's the print dialogue box I get if I print an email:

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.26.39 PM.png

Here are the print dialogue boxes I get when I try to print a .pdf:

Note that the box to the right opens after I select the (blue button) printer option on the bottom of the box on the left.

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.47.27 PM.png

I have a new HP OfficeJet 3830 series which has duplexing capability.  Keep in mind I've been printing two-sided no problem until just the other day.  I've read through the article link you supplied.  I don't see anything there that matches what I'm experiencing, and I have re-started my computer and printer.   I've  tried deleting and re-adding the printer in my printer & scanner preferences.  I tried adding it with the HP driver, as well as the AirPrint driver.   I tried looking through my acrobat preferences.  I'm totally stumped.  If you or anyone who reads this is able to shed light on this frustrating situation, I'd be grateful for any input.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2019 0
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If everything was working before but all of a sudden it doesn't, then you have to be able to identify if this was caused by a recent unattended update that took place in your system.

Another troubleshooting idea is to create a new user profile in your system and try printing from that newly created user account in your macOS.

You also didn't mention if you try to repair the Adobe Acrobat installation.

If you haven't try repairing yet your current Adobe Acrobat installation, open Adobe Acrobat, click help, then Repair Installation

You can also try the following additional suggestions:

• Open the same file in another computer with Acrobat that is using a different OS(like MS Windows) and see if the same problem manifests.

• Identify if this is only happening  with just  this file  that you are trying to print, or, if you lost the double sided printing ability for every other PDF and for any other application installed in your system when you try to print with them

• You can always use time machine to go back and select a  good known  working state of your machine

• OR, try to identify the update that caused the misconfiguration and roll back or remove the conflictive update.

• In addition to the other suggestions about reinstalling drivers from the manufacturer's website, see if you also skipped updating the firmware and installing the full feature software that not necessarily was included with your printsr when you purchased it

• Check if saving this document to a MS Word .docx file type then convert back to PDF would do any difference when you try to print again

• Refry the document; Save As postscript file and then convert back to PDF ,  or just print this file  to PDF directly and reopen it and try again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 0