Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Edit Turns Images Grey and Pixelated

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

I'm trying to edit the text (remove prices) from a Cataloge sent to me by a client.

When I bring the PDF into Acrobat and select the text, the images on the same page become grey and textured / pixelated. This happens on every page and nothing I've tried seems to resolve the issue.

I have made sure that Show Large Images is checked under the Preferences window.

Has anyone had any similar issues or know how to keep the images at their full resolution and color please?

Thanks

W

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warrenb,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the the image turn grey and pixelated when you try to edit the PDF

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to edit the PDF file?

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version (20.12.20048) installed. Go to Help > Check for updates.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs with images that you try to edit? Please check with a different file. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing.

Please try to repair the installation (Windows Only) and see if that helps. Go to Help > repair Installation and reboot the computer once.

If it still doesn't work please try to turn off the security for testing (Windows Only). Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at start up', turn off the protected mode and uncheck enhanced security > click OK and reboot the computer.

Note: Turning off the security may possess security risks. Please turn on the security after testing.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I hope you are keeping well.

When I open any pdf document, it shows a gray background with small dots (See the attached screenshot). I applied all steps that you mentioned but any didn't work. Kindly, could you please help me how can I solve this problem. The installed version is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.013.20074).

Regards,

Abdullah Alenezi

Leeds, UK

Screenshot 2021-01-22 02.14.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that the issue still exists and thank you for sharing the screenshot. Please try to check for any missing/pending update for video driver and try updating it and check if that works.

Also, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, any update here? I have the same issue, same with that screen image, how to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Franciss,

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Also, please share the PDF file in question with us so that we can check it at our end.

Also, make sure you have the application updated to the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win), 20112 (Mac). Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines